Repair Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the repair of your product by L’Hopital Pty Ltd trading as Elephone, ABN 91614929127.
1. Elephone will service your product as described and for the charges shown on the Work Authorisation.
2. Unless your product is repaired under warranty or extended service contract without charge, you will pay Elephone the amount shown on the reverse side. Your payment is due when the product is returned to you. Unless specified otherwise, the estimated amount shown on the reverse side includes all parts, labour, transportation required for the repair of the product. Elephone may told you responsible for the diagnostic fee on the reverse side. if Elephone inspects your product, provide an estimate for you, and you do not authorise Elephone to undertake the repairs for the estimated charges. If Elephone determines, while inspecting your product, that repairs are needed due to failures of parts that are neither supplied by Elephone nor Elephone branded — or are needed due to damage caused by abuse, misuse or misapplication — Elephone reserves the right to return the product to you without repairing it, and will hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee on the reverse side.
3. Labour charges may also apply for any cancellation or reversals of repairs after confirmation to proceed with repair works. If the requested repairs require labour and/or parts not specified on the reverse side, Elephone may seek your approval of a revised estimate. If you do not agree that Elephone may revise the charges, Elephone may return your product and hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee shown on the reverse side.
4. Elephone does not provide any warranty for any spare parts supplied by the third parties (dealer or customer).Liquid/water ingress will have only 30 days warranty, no refund or warranty after 30days from the pick up date. This covers the specific component replaced or work done. There is no warranty for the failure of any additional components at a later stage. Furthermore, due to possible progressive corrosion, company does not accept responsibility for any further faults that may have occurred during the time between the quotation and the commencement of repairs.Phone Repair Service warranty applies when the exact same fault occurs or the replaced component fails within the *warranty period, with the exception of liquid/Water damaged phones / devices. Physical damage is not covered by warranty.Warranty will be ceased immediately if the phone/device is repaired or altered by any third party without the consent of our Company. If repairing your product under your part’s warranty or extended service contract, Elephone may use new, used or reconditioned parts, as permitted by these terms. If repairing parts outside of warranty or extended service contract. Elephone may use new, used or reconditioned parts. If Elephone replaces a part, then unless otherwise agreed, title in the replaced part will pass to Elephone as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Replaced parts are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Elephone for value. If you and Elephone agree for Elephone to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay Elephone the cost of the replacement item in addition to any other charges for the repair service.
5. All supplied parts are compatible/equivalent to the original parts, your original manufacturer’s warranty will be void for any repair service. If Elephone repairs your product under warranty or extended service contract, the repair will be concerned solely by the terms of warranty or extended service contract and applicable provisions of law, if your product is repaired outside of warranty, Elephone warrants (1) that the repairs will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to repair your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period up to ninety (90) days, unless otherwise specified by Elephone. Information on your product’s parts warranty maybe obtained by contacting Elephone. The warranty on parts is an express limited warranty. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. If a defect exists in a replacement part during the part’s warranty period. at its option, Elephone will (1) repair the part using new, used or reconditioned replacement parts, (2) replace the part with a new, used or reconditioned equivalent part, or (3) refund the fair market value of the part, as determined by Elephone. To the extent permitted by law this warranty and remedy are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies and conditions, whether oral or written, express or implied, with respect to the repair parts, To the extent permitted by law Elephone specifically disclaims any and all implied warranties with respect to such parts, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. If Elephone cannot lawfully disclaim implied warranties under this limited warranty, all such warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the duration of the express limited warranty.
a. Certain legislation, including the competition and consumer act 2010, may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon Elephone, which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, or cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. These Terms and Conditions must be read subject to these statutory provisions. If these statutory provisions apply, to the extent to which Elephone is entitled to do so, Elephone limits its liability in respect of any claim under those provisions to at Elephone’s option (1) the supplying of the services again or (2) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
6. If the phone/device cannot turn on or no display on the phone/device, our company will not have any liabilities to any other parts apart from the replaced parts and services. All other problems which occurs to the phone/device will be at customer’s own cost. All assessment is based on final assessment by technician, our company will reserve the right to revoke the assessment or verify the price. Further notice will be given to customers. No cosmetics claim after the repair services. Elephone does not carry any responsibility for such claim. If any product should be damaged or lost while in Elephone’s custody, to the extent permitted by law Elephone’s liability will be limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the affected product. Subject to the previous sentence, Elephone’s entire liability for your damages from any cause whatsoever with respect to the repair of your product, whether due to Elephone’s negligence or to any other reason, is limited to the amounts that you pay for repair services. To the extent permitted by law, your only remedy under this repair agreement in respect of any matter not addressed by the previous sentences is to seek recovery of damages against Elephonoe in an amount not exceeding what you have paid for repair services. To the extent permitted by law, Elephone has no liability whatsoever for indirect, special, exemplary or consequential damages, lost profits or revenue. To the extent permitted by law, Elephone also has no liability for loss of or damage to data or software applications. To the extent permitted by law, Elephone is not responsible for any failures pr delays in providing services that are due to events outside Elephone’s reasonable control. Repair of your goods may result in loss of data. To the extent permitted by law, Elephone is not liable for any defects or damage to any software or data stored, residing or recorded in your product, nor for any loss, corruption or breach of such data, including any confidential, proprietary or personal information or removable data. By providing your product under these terms and conditions you accept and agree that either (A) you have made a backup copy of your data and removed any confidential, proprietary or personal information and removable media such as usb devices, CDs or PC cards, or (B) you have assumed the risk that suck information or media may be lost, corrupted or compromised during service or repair, you further acknowledge and agree that Elephone cannot guarantee the safety, security or integrity of any data that remains on you product while it is undergoing service or repair.
7. It is a condition of Elephone accepting your product for repair that the product is subject to disposal of uncollected goods legislation and that legislation confers on Elephone a right of sale exercisable in certain circumstances. If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within the minimum period by law after Elephone has provided you with notice that you product is ready for pick up, Elephone will consider you product abandoned and Elephone will be entitled to exercise its right under law to dispose of the product. Elephone will provide all notices to you required by this section or that Elephone is required to provide to you under law in relation to the exercise of Elephone’s right of disposal, by messaging or emailing such notice to the contact you furnished when you authorised the repairs. Elephone may dispose of your product in accordance with law, and specifically. Elephone may sell your product at a private or public sale or by such other legally permitted means without liability to you. Elephone may deduct from the disposal proceeds any amounts owing to Elephone and any remainder will be dealt with in accordance with law. Elephone reserves its statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
8. If repair service involves transferring information or installing software, you represent that you have the legal right to copy the information and agree to the terms of software licence, and you authorise Elephone to transfer the information and accept such terms on your behalf in performing the service.
9. Warranty for repair is 30 days (except Liquid/water damage service). Warranty can be extended, only if customer purchases the extra warranty (no warranty extension for Liquid/water damage services).
10. There Terms and Conditions are the only ones that govern Elephone’s repair of your product. Except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, no other oral or written Terms or Conditions apply. No one has the authority from Elephone to vary any of these Terms and Conditions. Elephone resserves the right to alter the Terms and Conditions without prior notice and make the final decision in the event of any dispute.
11. You agree and understand that it is necessary for Elephone to collect, process and use your data in order to perform the service and support obligations under these Terms and Conditions. In Elephone, you trust means everything to us. That’s why we respect your privacy and protect it with strict policies that govern how all data is handled.